RUN Sunday 3 March 2019
DECLARATION: I declare that I have read and agree to abide by the event rules and instructions of the event committee. I hereby release the event committee, the officers, volunteers, sponsors or any party associated with the event of any liability, financial or otherwise whether or not through negligence from any direct or indirect loss, injury or death which might be sustained by me from my intended or actual participation in the event and its related activities. I permit my name and/or picture, or any information given on this entry form or obtained at the event, can be used without payment in any advertisement, promotion or in any other way related to this event pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. In the case of event cancellation for weather, safety or other reasons outside the organiser’s control, I understand that my entry fee is non-refundable but a credit will be given for future Orokonui Challenge events.
EVENT RULES 2019:
• The course for the 18.5km run event is tough and hilly. Entrants in the 18.5km race event MUST be aged 18years or older.
• The Finish Line for the run will close at 11.30am. Any participants who have not finished by this time, and remain on the course, will be escorted back to the Finish Line by a crew member for their safety and well-being. No finish time will be awarded.
• Participants are advised that roads on ALL courses are open to normal traffic and they are individually responsible for following traffic laws and the consequences of any breaches of the law.
• Participants must stay on the marked track for the event, not cut corners, keep to the left. Marshals’ instructions must be obeyed. Marshals DO NOT have authority to stop any vehicle. Participants must stay on the right hand side of Doctors Point rd, facing the oncoming traffic
• For the safety of all participants, and due to the nature of the terrain, no strollers, dogs or spectators on bikes or on skateboards are allowed to accompany participants on the courses.
• Race numbers MUST be worn on front of singlet (or shorts) and must be clearly visible from the front in order to enter the finish area and the prize draw.
• If a participant withdraws during the event it is their responsibility to notify a marshal.
• Smoking and consumption of alcohol are prohibited by any participant during this event.
• The medical team shall have the final authority to remove a competitor from the event.
• The dropping of litter on the track is prohibited.
• To keep to our Eco friendly ideals, there will be no cups at the water stations, please bring your own cup/bottle